Here goes, courtesy of Very Good Taste:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at Very Good Taste linking to your results.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:1. Venison - two of my faves growing up were venison chili and venison jerky!
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile - yeah, like gamey stringy chicken.... it was on a stick...
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp - didn't know it was carp until after I ate it
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi - loved this recipe since trying it after watching Bend it Like Beckham
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses - I was skeptical, but it was a great tasting cheese!
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - plum wine my dad made and kept in the cellar for 20 years before bottling, boy was it FANTASTIC! (It's older than me)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries - just had wild salmonberry and wild blueberry pancakes on Sunday!
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese - i believe its also called souse... I ate it before I knew all the cool kids didn't...
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - technically I ate it... does it count if I threw it back up 15 minutes later?
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - does it still count if I don't smoke?
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects - sorry I don't think I could bring myself to
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - the best one is the one they give you off the line while waiting....
50. Sea urchin - once - didn't really like the texture
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle - a must with chicken paprikash!
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips -
62. Sweetbreads - beef thymus sweetbreads, not brains
63. Kaolin - umm yeah, I'm a geologist.... ate some Kaolinite on a bet....
64. Currywurst - love curry, love sausages... how can I not love the is combo?
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - someday
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - does a wild goose the neighbor hit with his car count?
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict - once, I liked it, but my sister puking hers up all over the car likely put me off of it for life...
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef - wasn't that impressed, Nebraska corn-fed beef so much tastier!
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - it wasn't a religious experience, I've had better coffee