Saturday, June 27, 2009

CSA Week #5

I am going to miss spinach :).  I used last week's portion to make some tasty spinach pies.  I also made my parents some awesome mullberry muffins last weekend.  I am glad to see some new additions to this week's basket:

Sugar Snap Peas
Squash
Strawberries
Baby Lettuce
Baby Chard
Flax & Roses
Leeks
Thyme
Nasturtium Leaves
Broccoli (in the full share baskets - we didn't get any)

I can't wait to get started on the chard... I'm thinking it will end up being in a sweet/sour pickle.  Also, Marion was kind enough to give me a 'free sample' of one of their chickens.  We'll be eating that tomorrow, and if its as good as I think it will be, I'm sure we'll be ordering several to stock our freezer up!

1 comment:

breadchick said...

Your CSA box looks a lot like my box looked like this week too.