Tuesday, August 4, 2009

CSA Weeks #9 & #10

I was so swamped catching up on just about everything last week that I didn't get the posts up for week #9 or even take pics for week #10.

Week #9 brought more of the same summer veggies we've been getting:

Kale
Leeks
New potates (red & yukon gold)
Green Beans
Cucumbers
Kholrabi
Green Onions
Cabbage
Sweet Corn (Bodacious)
Lettuce
Beets
Carrots (orange, white, and purple)


I've been making hand cut potato chips with the new potatoes, though this isn't quite enough to keep up! I think there will be potato salad sometime in the near future. The sweet corn was pretty good - growing up on a farm, my family and I are pretty picky about corn varieties - this one was very similar the the Early Sun Glow we used to grow back in the day.

Week #10 saw the first appearance of tomatoes and other goodies:

Tomatoes (red in baskets, green avail on request)
Onions (Cippolini)
Green Beans
New Potatoes
Cucumbers
Zucchini
Sweet Corn
Lettuce
Carrots
Summer Rambo Apples

I made a small batch of apple butter with the apples and we've been putting vegetables in just about everything this week.

No comments: